EastEnders spoilers: Danielle Harold says Lola “won’t change”

Friday, August 5, 2011

EastEnders spoilers: Danielle Harold says Lola “won’t change”


EastEnders newbie Danielle Harold has revealed to Daybreak viewers that she doesn’t think her feisty character Lola Pearce is going to change her ways any time soon.
As viewers will know, Lola is the granddaughter of Walford loser Billy Mitchell. He found her after discovering that his son had died earlier this year.
Since arriving on the Square, Lola’s been at the centre of crimes and a variety of anti-social behaviours, and she’s in the midst of trying to steal Jay from Abi Branning!
When asked if Lola is likely to tone down her ASBO-like behaviour in the near future, Danielle replied, “I don’t think so. I think she’s still really feisty…
“And she’s got lots of attitude, so no, I don’t think she’s going to lose that anytime soon.”
On the subject of how she’s settled in with her storylines, Danielle added, “It’s just been so fun to play someone who’s so different from me, and who has got attitude.
“[But at first] I was terrified! I’m not used to it at all yet.
“I’ve watched EastEnders since I can remember, so I’m a big fan.
“It was the first audition I’d ever had, so I was really nervous, and I was thinking, ‘I’m never going to get it’.
“I was just shocked to even get the casting for it, so I was over the moon when I actually got the part.”